Regional Sales Director
An individual contributor sales role with the responsibility of effectively selling Ed Map’s products and services within a territory to meet or exceed the assigned quota. The Regional Sales Director is a connecting link between the company and the client as they make sure that the needs of the customers are met while also ensuring the assigned sales goals are achieved or exceeded. Main contributions include:
Day to day operations and support
- Identifies the needs of a customer and demonstrates how ED MAP’s products or services can address them
- Creates a sales plan for the territory to meet or exceed quota that includes key target accounts and regions, important partner relationships and plans for leveraging those relationships for sales, regional conferences and associations and other critical factors for generating opportunities.
- Guides potential customers to discover business requirements and offers the best solution to fulfill those requirements
- Meets or exceeds sales quotas set by the CRO
- Maintains contact with and builds lasting relationships with customers in order to maintain and expand their use of Ed Map products and services
- Manages a specific sales territory to create a customer base
- Keeps updated records of all interactions with customers in the company’s CRM
- Keeps updated on the latest market trends and remain updated on product knowledge
- Develops innovative and creative sales techniques
- Gives demonstrations and educates customers on ED MAP products and services
- Monitors the preferences of customers regularly and makes strategy adjustments when necessary. Also advises Ed Map leadership on market feedback and opportunities and makes recommendations to address them
- Becomes expert on all ED MAP products or services (i.e. terms of sales, return and warranty policies, pricing, special deals, benefits and features)
- Understands the company messaging and represents the company and its products accurately and speaks on behalf of the company
- Gives customers all relevant information they need to make an informed decision
- Offers the highest level of customer satisfaction possible (i.e. making themselves available to coordinate troubleshooting, complaints/grievances and returns after sale is complete)
- Ensures sales opportunities and final sales are structured in such a way to be mutually beneficial to the client and to Ed Map
- Maintains strong knowledge of the competition and potential partners and educates the company about these
- Maintains detailed knowledge of the competitive landscape on an industry-wide basis and within specific accounts and develops strategies for addressing competitive situations. Communicates with others in the company competitive threats and opportunities
- Creates and develops relationships with prospect list in their designated territories.
- Analyzes margin on opportunities and identifies positive and negative trends on margin and strategies to capitalize on or mitigate for them.
- Coordination with Partnerships team on best way to attain sales benefit from partner relationships
- Identifies ways to maximize sales and sales efficiency through working with large accounts, systems, etc.
- Identifies emerging opportunities for Ed Map solutions from within the base of potential customers
- Ability to build a qualified pipeline to 2X annual quota
- Ability to move opportunities through the sales stages with accurate qualification of customers and Ed Map meeting the necessary gates to further the sales process
- Maintain forecasting accuracy relative to committed close dates
- Ability to meet and exceed the assigned quota
- Sits for extended periods during work hours.
- 50% travel
- Knowledge of appropriate systems and software
- eMail clients
- CRM Software
- Web Conferencing Tools
- Linked In and Social Platforms for Monitoring and Selling
- Strong written and oral communication
- Relationship management
- Business acumen
- Implements best practices in the field such as sales methodologies and use of new technology
- Knowledgeable and successful in use of social media in selling
- Ability to manage to a travel and regional conference budget
Soft Skills and Competencies
- Collaborative and good teamwork
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Tolerant to ambiguity
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Presentation Skills
- Negotiation Skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years outside sales experience, higher education market preferred
Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to Stacie Rainey, firstname.lastname@example.org, by June 30, 2017.
This company is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and is committed to making employment decisions based on merit. We are committed to complying with Federal, State and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, as well as all laws related to terms and conditions of employment. This company desires to keep a work environment free of sexual harassment or discrimination based on race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, marital status, age and any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws.