Disruption is impacting the educational course content market. The efficacies of traditional textbooks are in question while new technology standards and course content options are taking hold.
Meantime, the average institution is moving toward digital but still relies on an array of content and wants to keep its options open. The OPENVUE® platform can help streamline and balance use of all content even while migrating to digital.
OPENVUE® is a single point of management for students and administrators providing a range of benefits.
For students, it offers:
- A digital storefront where they can search for and buy the required course content in their preferred format.
- A uniform user experience regardless of the program they attend or the content they use i.e., disaggregated or publisher content.
- Enables the ability to use varied payment methods to purchase content using financial aid in some instances, ecommerce options or no fee for schools with a tuition inclusive model
On the administrative side, OPENVUE® supports the following:
- Saves on staffing resources while returning data on student purchasing and content adoption. Use of different course content formats including: OER, disaggregated course content, labs, high-value digital content or digital versions of a textbook with print-on-demand options
- Delivers accessible, affordable course content, including an opt-out solution
- Adoption of a 21st century digital experience; OPENVUE® can integrate with various Learning Management Systems giving students immediate access to course content — specific pages, chapters or an entire eTextbook.
- Use of a Single Sign On [SSO] allowing users to employ one set of login credentials streamlining access to and from an institution’s platform and the OPENVUE® digital storefront.
- Easy integration with various Learning Management and Student Information Systems for handling financial aid, order uploads, materials provisioning, etc.
Discover and select effective, cost-managed content in a variety of formats to strengthen outcomes.
Support all content sources and formats through a unified platform integrated to your institution's learning environment.
Seamlessly connect learners to content, data to decision makers and streamline administrative processes.
Encourage engagement with simplified, reliable access to all types of course materials.
Focus on teaching, assured that learners can engage with content.
OPENVUE® data and processes enable improved insights to support learners and faculty and the effective utilization of resources.